- 2018 HAND
- FF 2018 1111 1111(Any 3 Suits, Kongs 1,2,or 8)
Q-Must the Kongs be the same number?
- A-The Kongs must be the same number but must be played in
2 different suits...e.g.
- Reminder: Colors indicated on the card do not represent any particular suit unless so indicated
8888(Any 3 Suits)
Q-Must the 2's be Dots?
- A-The 2's do NOT have to be Dots. They can be Craks, Bams or Dots.
- White Dragon used as Zero '0' may be used with any suit.
- The 2's, 1's and 8's must be played in three different suits.
- ADDITION HAND
Q- When playing this hand in three suits, must you follow the colors as shown on the card?
A-No. A specific color on the card does not specify a particular suit.
Three colors indicate the hand must be played in any three suits.
- NNNNN DDDD 11111(Quint any Wind & any No. in any Suit, Kong any Dragon)
Q- Do the Dragons and the number tiles have to be played in 2 different suits?
- A-This hand can be played in 1 or 2 suits.The Dragons and the number tiles may or may not match.
- This hand is played with any 5 like Winds, any 4 like Dragons and any 5 like numbers.
It can also be played as follows: NNNNN DDDD 11111
- 1123 11111 11111(Any 3 Consecutive Nos., Pair any No. in Run, Pr. & Quints Match)
Q- Must the pair be in the first position?
- A-The pair does NOT have to be in the first position of the 4 individual tiles. It can be the 1st two tiles, the middle two tiles, or the last two tiles.
- Example: If playing with 5's, the following would be acceptable: 5567, 4556, 3455
- 2018 NEWS
FF DDDD NEWS DDDD
FF 2018 1111 1111
22 000 NEWS 111 88
- Q-Can I call for a tile in 'NEWS' or '2018'? Can I use a Joker in 'News' or '2018'?
- A-You may NOT use a Joker in '2018' or 'NEWS' because these are groupings of individual tiles.
- These are not Kongs, which are groupings of four identical tiles.
- You may not call for one of the tiles in 'NEWS' or '2018' for the same reason you cannot use Jokers in these groupings.
- They represent individual tiles that are grouped together.
- An exception occurs if you call a single tile for Mah Jongg. This is the only time you may call this single tile in these hands.
33 66 99 3333 333(Any 3 Suits, Kong 3, 6, 9)
- Q-Must the Kongs be the same number?
- A-The Kongs must be the same number but must be played in two different Suits.
3333 3333 or
6666 6666 or
For information on how to use the League's services, visit the Services Page.
To order merchandise, visit our on-line Store.